What is CodeRed?
CodeRed is a web based service that allows the County to notify all or specific areas of the County by voice, email and text of significant incidents and events where timely notification is essential.
What is CodeRed used for?
CodeRed will be used to notify the county or an affected population or geographic area of significant incidents and events. Examples are evacuations, missing person alerts, hazardous materials incident, flooding, and other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.
How does it work?
Code Red delivers messages through a high speed telephone calling system to a phone number on the CodeRed database. Staff will access CodeRed through a secure website. After an area has been identified a pre –recorded message with information about the incident and any action necessary will be delivered.
What should I do if I receive a CodeRed message?
- Listen carefully.
- Follow instructions.
- Don’t disconnect the call until the message is complete.
- To hear the message again, dial the number back.
Will the system work with cell phones?
Yes. When registering, you must associate the cell number with a town or county address.
How do I register?
To register use one of the options below:
- Go to www.fauquiercounty.gov or www.warrentonva.gov and click on the CodeRed icon. Residents without Internet can visit any county public library to use a public access computer.
- Call Fauquier County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management at 540/422-8803.
The following information is required to add a number into the database:
- First and last name
- Address (physical address; NO P. O. boxes), city, state and zip
- Primary phone number
- Alternate phone number