The Public Works Department, composed of thirty-four full time positions, filled with a variety of trades, is responsible for maintaining: 78.5 lane miles of public roads, 11.1 miles of storm sewer, 5 traffic signals, 200 pieces of town equipment, and the cemetery.
The department includes a director, a superintendent, a project engineer, 2 refuse crews, 2 street maintenance crews, 1 building maintenance mechanic, a Motor Pool , and a cemetery crew. The department's offices are located at the Public Works Facility, 360 Falmouth Street. Questions about the Public Works Department can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or made by telephone between 8:00 and 4:30 at (540) 347-1858.
The Town maintains about 200 pieces of town equipment. This includes dump trucks, police cars, construction equipment, trash trucks, and a street sweeper among others. Three mechanics repair and maintenance all the equipment at the Public Works Facility located at 360 Falmouth Street.