CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: MS Word | PDF
Meals Tax & Transient Occupancy Tax Return - to report collection of the 4% Town of Warrenton Meals & Transient Occupancy tax levied.
The Meals Tax/Transient Occupancy Tax Return is currently available only in PDF format. Please visit the Town's website often, as we plan to provide the ability to file and pay this tax on-line in the near future.
How to complete form
Download this form using Adobe Acrobat Reader and print the form on your computer. Complete all necessary information on the form,
remembering to include:
- Your account number
- The period for which the taxes were collected. This will either be a month or a calendar year quarter.
- Check the appropriate box - Lodging or Meals.
- If this is a final return, please check the appropriate box.
- Print or type the business name and address in the space provided.
- Provide your gross receipts for the tax period on line 1.
- Enter allowable deductions on line 2.
- On line 3, Subtract line 2 from line 1 - this is the taxable amount of gross receipts.
- On line 4, multiply the taxable amount from line 3 by .04
- Line 5 is the 3% collection fee allowed for returns filed and paid by the due date. Multiply the amount of tax collected on lie 4 by .03.
- If the payment is made after the due date, multiply the amount on line 4 by .10 - this is a statutory penalty that must be applied. Remember, you may not take the 3% collection fee if you do not pay the tax by the due date.
- On line 7, compute the 10% interest from the due date of the tax.
- On line 8, add line 4 and deduct line 5, if applicable, and enter the total tax due or if your payment is past due, add line 4, 6 and 7 and enter the total tax, penalty and interest due.
- If you do not wish to compute penalty and interest, leave these blank and the Town will send you a bill.
Please remember to include your payment, made payable to Town of Warrenton making certain it is postmarked by the 20th of the month following collection and mail to:
Town of Warrenton
P.O. Drawer 341
Warrenton, VA 20188
As always, if you have any questions, please contact the Finance Department at (540) 347-1102 or email@example.com