Public Works and Utilites Department
360 Falmouth Street
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Public Works and Utilties Director
Edward 'Bo" Tucker
Public Works and Utilities Deputy Director
BRUSH COLLECTION INFORMATION
WHAT IS BRUSH?
- Woody material trimmed from trees, shrubs or bushes.
- Tree and shrub trimmings over 18" in length
WHAT IS YARD WASTE?
Yard waste includes:
- Leaves, weeds, garden trimmings, and other plant debris.
- Twigs less than 18" long.
- Pumpkins, crab apples, pine cones, etc.
- Will be picked up with regular household trash
- Brush must be at least 18 inches long and shorter than 8 feet.
- Brush must not be thicker than 9 inches in diameter.
- Pile brush on the street edge away from trees, parked cars, fire hydrants, utility poles, mail boxes and other obstructions.
- Do not put brush in the street or on the sidewalk.
- Do not put brush in bags, boxes, or any other container. You may bundle small amounts of brush with string or twine, NOT wire.
- Bundles may not be more than 4 feet in length and may not weigh more than 40 pounds.
- Stack brush with the cut ends facing the same direction. Remove all roots, stumps, and dirt.
- Piles of brush and yard waste mixed together will not be collected.
- Yard waste is a separate collection with different processing. Keep brush separated from yard waste when out for collection.
- Brush collection crews cannot feed yard waste safely into the wood chippers.
CONTRACTOR OR LANDSCAPING COMPANY WASTE?
Brush cut by contractors will NOT be collected. Please make arrangements with the contractor for material disposal.