High Water Bills / Leak Adjustments

If your water usage has been going up you may unknowingly have a leak in your plumbing system that is not obvious, such as an underground leak or a toilet leak. View a resource to help you find leaks (PDF) for some guidance.

If you have been unable to locate a leak, contact the Town office at (540) 347-2678; we may be able to help you determine if you have a leak and help you determine if the leak is inside or outside.

There are some circumstances where an adjustment can be made for high usage. All requests for adjustments must be received in writing and include a copy of a repair bill or receipts for parts if you have done the work yourself. For details, download a copy of the leak adjustment policy (PDF)

Requests for adjustments, along with the required information, can be mailed to:
Town of Warrenton
Attn: Utility Billing
PO Box 341
Warrenton, VA  20188

It can also be emailed to Utility Billing.

See also, Tips, Tricks & Troubles