The following forms can be downloaded to your computer and printed. Many of these require signatures and plans, and cannot be submitted online.
Fee Schedule - Includes all fees charged by the Department of Community Development for permit applications. ***Effective July 1, 2018***
Affidavit of Representation - Persons making applications on behalf of property owners must submit this affidavit affirming the applicant’s authority to represent the property owner.
Building Permit Application - Required before constructing, moving, or structurally altering any building or structure. This permit is also required for any gas appliance installation/replacement. To include altering, upgrading, or installing any plumbing, electrical, or mechanical.
- Do I Need A Building Permit? (Check List)
- Accessibility Certification Statement
- Basement Details
- Deck Details
- Gas Inspection Certification
- Gas Piping Application
- Vent Chimney Certification
Zoning Permit Application - Must be obtained for Business Licenses*, swimming pools, sheds, fences, and other accessory structures. The Zoning Permit Application is also intended to verify the zoning classification of the subject property in order to establish the uses allowed and any conditions that might apply to the property.
- Mobile Food Vendor Brochure (Application for Mobile Food Vendor / Food Truck)
- Home Occupation Addendum - Persons applying for a Zoning Permit to operate a home based business must fill out and attach this addendum to their Zoning Permit Application.
Sign Permit - Unless otherwise stated in Article 6 of the Zoning Ordinance, all signs shall require a sign permit issued by the Zoning Administrator. Where applicable, signs in the Historic District shall receive approval by the Architectural Review Board (ARB) prior to issuance of a sign permit. A building permit may also be required in conjunction with a sign permit, depending on the sign type and installation method.
A-Frame/T-Frame Sidewalk Sign Permit, required for placement on a Town sidewalk.
Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) - A Certificate of Appropriateness shall be obtained before exterior alterations of property within the Warrenton Historic District. See Zoning Ordinance Article 3 Section 3-5.3 for a description of the regulations concerning the Warrenton Historic District. The application deadline is the first of the month or the business day immediately following. Click here for more information regarding the COA and the review process.
Pre-Application Meeting Form - The Pre-Application process is intended to provide the necessary tools and guidance to the Applicant so as to ensure the future success and smooth management of the project through the review process. A Pre-Application meeting is a requirement prior to the Applicant's first submittal of the following types of applications: Site Development Plan, Preliminary Plat, Rezoning, Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Special Use Permit, Variance, and Certificate of Appropriateness (as needed). Please note, all documents must be submitted prior to the pre-application meeting!Land Development Application - The purpose of this application is to accompany ALL land development proposals (site development plan, preliminary/final plat, special use permits, amendments, rezoning, etc) in order to set out the required procedures for land development projects and improvements to assure compliance with the Zoning Ordinance and all other applicable ordinances and statutes. This application must accompany all submittals to the Planning Department. Submit Land Use Application Affidavit to certify Applicant's Representative has been granted authorization to make an application and act on behalf of a property owner.
- Final Plat Subdivision Submission Checklist per Subdivison Ordinance Article 3-12.4. A filled out copy of this checklist should be submitted with every final plat submission and resubmission.
- Site Development Plan Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 10. A filled out copy of this checklist should be submitted with every site plan submission and resubmission.
- As-Built Plan Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 4 and 10. A filled out copy of this checklist should be submitted with any As-Built Plan application.
- Special Use Permit Application (SUP) Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.10. A written request for a pre-application conference shall be made to the Planning Director, who will respond to each written request within fifteen (15) calendar days of receipt. No application shall be accepted and reviewed unless determined by the Planning Director to be complete. Notification of acceptance or rejection of application will be made within fifteen (15) calendar days of submission (refer to Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.9.4).
- Zoning Map Amendments Application Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.9.
Land Disturbance Permit (more than 1 acre) & Land Disturbance Permit (less than 1 acre) - No person may engage in any land disturbing activity until a Land Disturbance Permit (including an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan with necessary bond posted) has been submitted to the Planning Director for review/approval by the Town. A copy of the approved Land Disturbance Permit must be posted onsite. See Article 5-4 of the Zoning Ordinance for exceptions.
Agreement in Lieu of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan may be submitted for construction of a single-family dwelling. Contact the Community Development Department for assistance in obtaining required forms.
Municipal Water Permit Application Fill out the following form to acquire permission to connect to a municipal water.
If you have questions regarding any these documents, please contact the
Community Development Department at (540)-347-1101 x106 or Planning@warrentonva.gov