WARM-UP WARRENTON EXTENDED
Click Here for Details
Click Here for Fillable PDF Application Form
Application forms, checklists, and supplemental materials for applications to the Department of Community Development are available within the links below. Your application will be accepted for official review when all necessary documentation and fees have been submitted.
Fee Schedule - Includes all fees charged by the Department of Community Development for permit applications. ***Effective July 1, 2018***
Building/Zoning Permit Application - Required before constructing, moving, or structurally altering any building or structure. This permit is also required for any gas appliance installation/replacement and altering, upgrading, or installing any plumbing, electrical, or mechanical equipment. This application form also covers those permits that require zoning approval, but not building such as fences, small sheds, zoning letters, address requests, and ordinance text amendments.
- Do I Need A Building Permit? (Check List)
- Accessibility Certification Statement
- Basement Details
- Deck Details
- Gas Inspection Certification
- Gas Piping Application
- Vent Chimney Certification
Business License Application - This application requires approval prior to opening a business, moving an existing business located within the Town, or a changing ownership for an existing business. The Business License Application also verifies the zoning classification of the business location in order to establish the uses allowed and any conditions that might apply to the property. Refer to Starting a Business Guide for more information about starting a business within the Town.
- Mobile Food Vendor Brochure (Application for Mobile Food Vendor / Food Truck)
- Home Occupation Addendum - Persons applying for a Business License to operate a home based business must fill out and attach this addendum to their Business License Application.
- Massage Therapy Business Addendum or Massage Therapist Permit - Persons applying to open a business that provides massage therapy services must fill out and attached this addendum to their Business License Application. Persons applying to be a massage therapist within the Town must fill out and submit this application.
- A-Frame/T-Frame Sidewalk Sign Permit, required for placement on a Town sidewalk.
Pre-Application Meeting Form - The Pre-Application process is intended to provide the necessary tools and guidance to the Applicant so as to ensure the future success and smooth management of the project through the review process. A Pre-Application meeting is a requirement prior to the Applicant's first submittal of the following types of applications: Rezoning, Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Special Use Permit, and Certificate of Appropriateness (as needed). Please note, all documents must be submitted prior to the pre-application meeting!Land Development Application - The purpose of this application is to accompany ALL land development proposals (as-built, site development plan, preliminary/final plat, special use permit, text amendment, rezoning, variance, waiver, etc.). Submit Land Use Application Affidavit(s) to certify Applicant's Representative has been granted authorization to make an application and act on behalf of a property owner. If applicable, include one of the checklists below with your application:
- As-Built Plan Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 4 and 10. A filled out copy of this checklist should be submitted with any As-Built Plan application.
- Final Plat Subdivision Submission Checklist per Subdivision Ordinance Article 3-12.4. A filled out copy of this checklist should be submitted with every final plat submission and resubmission.
- Site Development Plan Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 10. A filled out copy of this checklist should be submitted with every site plan submission and resubmission.
- Special Use Permit (SUP) Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.10. A written request for a pre-application conference shall be made to the Planning Manager (Planning@warrentonva.gov), who will respond to each written request within fifteen (15) calendar days of receipt. No application shall be accepted and reviewed unless determined by the Planning Manager to be complete. Notification of acceptance or rejection of application will be made within fifteen (15) calendar days of submission (refer to Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.9.4).
- Zoning Map Amendments Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.9. A written request for a pre-application conference shall be made to the Planning Manager (Planning@warrentonva.gov), who will respond to each written request within fifteen (15) calendar days of receipt. No application shall be accepted and reviewed unless determined by the Planning Manager to be complete. Notification of acceptance or rejection of application will be made within fifteen (15) calendar days of submission (refer to Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.9.4).
Land Disturbance Permit (more than 1 acre) & Land Disturbance Permit (less than 1 acre) - No person may engage in any land disturbing activity until a Land Disturbance Permit (including an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan with necessary bond posted) has been submitted to the Planning Director for review/approval by the Town. A copy of the approved Land Disturbance Permit must be posted onsite. See Article 5-4 of the Zoning Ordinance for exceptions.
Agreement in Lieu of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan may be submitted for construction of a single-family dwelling. Contact the Community Development Department for assistance in obtaining required forms.
If you have questions regarding any these documents, please contact the
Community Development Department
Building & Permits: Permittech@warrentonva.gov
Planning & Historic District: Planning@warrentonva.gov
Zoning and Land Development: LandDevelopment@warrentonva.gov
Land Disturbance & Stormwater Management: StormwaterManagement@warrentonva.gov